After years of anticipation, the Tulum Airport officially opened on December 1st, 2023. Officially known as the Felipe Carillo Puerto International Airport, this new travel hub will make it easier than ever to get to Mexico’s top vacation destinations. Domestic travel is already available, and international travel is set to open in late March 2024, connecting major cities like Orlando, Atlanta, New York, Dallas, and Chicago!
Book your flight to Tulum today and choose Riviera Maya Haciendas to host your getaway. We offer a wide range of luxury lodging in the areas of Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, and Akumal. Book your Riviera Maya vacation rental and read on to learn more about traveling to Tulum!
Tulum Airport General Info
The Tulum Airport is open, and several Mexican carriers have already opened domestic flights to the airport from the cities of Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey, Tijuana, and Toluca. At the end of March, several major airlines will offer daily flights to the airport, including:
- American Airlines will depart twice daily from the Dallas/Fort Worth airport and once daily from Charlotte and Miami.
- Delta Airlines will offer daily non-stop flights from Atlanta
- Spirit Airlines will depart once daily from Fort Lauderdale and Orlando
- United Airlines will offer daily departures from Newark, Chicago, and Houston
Once you have arrived at Tulum airport, you will have a wealth of transportation options available to get you to Riviera Maya Haciendas:
- ADO Bus offers public transportation to and from the town of Tulum and the airport.
- Private Car or SUV transfers: Private car transfers are available for 1-5 passengers to destinations throughout the Riviera Maya!
- Car Rentals: Get around the Riviera Maya on your own schedule with a private car rental at the Tulum airport!
- Tren Maya: The airport is building an on-site train station for the Tren Maya, a 950-mile train connecting five Mexican states.
Riviera Maya and Tulum Vacation Rentals
Now that you know how to get to Tulum, you may be wondering where to stay. Drive 25 miles south of the Tulum Airport and arrive at one of the luxurious Tulum villas with Riviera Maya Haciendas! In addition to our villas, we also offer cozy condos and expansive haciendas to accommodate groups of all sizes. Book your Mexico getaway with us today!